This renovation and addition is based around the Berks County, PA, Yoder Family 1780 homestead. The main portion of the house is dated to 1829 as evidenced from the house plate on the front façade, however there is significant evidence of an earlier log structure on the same footprint and the numerous outbuildings appear to pre-date the 1829 portion of the house. The additions comprised of a kitchen, family room, first floor library, several open and enclosed porches and a master suite on the upper level. The free-standing summer kitchen was joined to the existing and new portions of the house thru a glazed porch. All of the materials used for the additions inside and outside the house were indigenous to the Oley valley, and of 18th century origins.